Take the opportunity to visit Sweden and find your Swedish roots by a local guide in Skaraborg County or the surrounding region in Sweden. The journey start in United States by the help of your local genealogist researcher who help your to find your swedish roots, where they lived and relatives of today.
When you arrive to Sweden your travel arrangement are made.
- Exclusive genealogy travel package including your own genealogy researcher and customized iterary in Sweden
- 8 days between 28th August - 4th September 2017
- Roundtrip airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Göteborg Landvetter Airport Sweden and back from Stockholm Arlanda Airport to Chicago O'Hare
- Hotel is the 4-star Skara City Hotel in the centrum of Skara
- The trip include visiting historical and culture heritage with guide
- Two days in Stockholm
- Trip is limited to 16 people, first come first serve. Lindstrom Travel (Rockford, IL) handles the bookings
- Price $ 4,000 which includes roundtrip airfare, housing and transportation in Sweden, as well as the cost of your own genealogy researcher
The County of Skaraborg is situated between the two great lakes Vänern and Vättern. The municipalities within the County of Skaraborg are:
Essunga, Falköping, Grästorp, Gullspång, Götene, Hjo, Karlsborg, Lidköping, Mariestad, Skara, Skövde, Tibro, Tidaholm, Töreboda and Vara.
Skaraborg County was named after the fotress Skara(borg) outside the city of Skara. The county is the northeastern part of the province Västergötland.
Skaraborg County (in swedish Skaraborgs län) was a county from 1634 to 1997. In 1998 it was merged with two others - Göteborgs och Bohus and Älvsborg. The new county's name is Västra Götalands län.
When it comes the genealogy we always talk about the old counties, in this case Skaraborg County.
If you have your roots in the surrounding region you are welcome as well on this genealogy trip.
This first genealogy trip is sponsored by the Skaraborg Municipal Federation and three municipal in Skaraborg - Skara, Falköping and Tidaholm.
When your ancestors emigrated from Sweden it was enrol in the migration and in the parish register.